This shows how to install the Exchange 2013 Mailbox and Client Access Server role on Windows Server 2012 R2
Prepare Active Directory Schema
- Install the Remote Server Administration Tools Active Directory Domain Services
- Using a user account which is a member of the following groups (Schema Admin, Enterprise Admin and Local Admin on the server) run the following command as administrator
Setup.exe /PrepareAD /OrganizationName:"Tav" /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
- To check the above has worked:
- Press WIN+R, type adsiedit.msc, and then press Enter.
- In ADSI Edit, right-click ADSI Edit in the navigation pane, and then click Connect to…
- In Connection Settings, select “Select a well known Naming Context”, and then choose Configuration. – Click OK
- Expand Configuration , CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange.
- Right-click CN=, and then select Properties
- Make sure the value in msExchangeProductId matches the value in the Exchange 2013 Active Directory versions table for the version of Exchange 2013 you’re installing.
Also check for success in the log file which is located here C:\ExchangeSetupLogs
Exchange 2013 Prerequisites
- Install the features
1Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation
5. Install UcmaRunTimeSetup.exe (Unified Comms RunTime)
6. Run Setup.exe which takes around 30 minutes on a SSD